Finding my way to…other countries

0

Posted by tduong2014 | Posted in Blogging Challenges! | Posted on May 13, 2011

The place I really wanted to visit is Italy especially Venice and Rome.

First, Venice, or City of Water / The Floating City, was pretty famous for its flooded, and one of the frequent transportation there are boats or vaporetti (water buses). I would love to experience the feeling of living in a place where there is lack of cars and vehicles, but the whole day floating on the shiny water of a canal! I would also like to know how the residents’ life is like in a flooded place like that for most parts of a year. How did the buildings could stand in the water? The New York Times described it as “undoubtedly the most beautiful city built by man”. I get to know about Venice through reading “The Magic House – Carnival Candlelight” by Mary Osborne in 6th grade (yes, very long time ago ~ 3 years!)

By Josh Libatique under licensed Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic

By Jose Maria Cuellar under licensed Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic

And the reason I like to visit Rome is because I’ve been studied about the great Empire of Rome with its astonishing achievements, wonderful stories & myths, as well as its profound influence on the world back then. And my desire even grew bigger after I watched ‘The Lizzie McGuire Movie’ recently where great views of Rome historical wonderful buildings and sites are shown (I’m a very out-dated teenager 🙁 )

By Valentina_A under licensed Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic

Any of you whoever had a wide knowledge about Italy is more than welcome to be my tour guide at any time!

This post is for Challenge 4 in the March 2011 challenge.

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar